wishy washy words

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

wishy washy words


I read a poem today that I wrote for my mum, 28 years ago. I was living in Canada at the time and hadn't seen my family for several years. I hadn't realised, at the time, how much I missed them. I had married and given birth to twin daughters since I had seen them. The poem, which was written for my mum on the first Mother's day after my girls were born, was both a celebration of motherhood and the love I felt for my children, and an acknowledgement of the love I had received from my mother. I think I thought that the circle was complete: Mother, daughter, grand-daughters. But then, there came into my life the most magnificent creature ever born, my grandson. Maybe the circle is not a circle at all, and maybe it will never be complete while the emotional ties and even the memories of love persist.


2 Comments:

  • He is truly the most wonderful creature! And that poem always makes me cry. Lovely first post - Welcome to blogsville.

    By Blogger The Scarlet Tree, at 12:34 am  

  • Don't do that! Don't write like that! I am trying to do work! Sniff...Sniff! :)

    By Blogger Donyale, at 9:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home